Saturday, December 14, 2019

Dave Parker TTM Success


I’m officially mired in my longest TTM slump since my first returns back in February. USPS Informed Delivery tells me: nothing again today. Tomorrow is Sunday, so at minimum this drought will last nine days. Serves me right, I suppose; start a blog and the returns stop flowing.

Let’s share another pre-blog TTM success, Dave Parker.

I wrote about “The Cobra” the other day in advance of the new MLB Network Presents documentary. It was very good. It was up there with my favorites: “The Bird,” “The Swingin’ A’s,” and “Billy.” I also thought it was much better than any of its season 5 predecessors.
Sent: 7/10/2019 | Received: 7/20/2019 | 10 days
1/1: 1981 Fleer Star Sticker
Address: Home (Cincinnati, OH) through PastPros.com

Before I had committed to working the 1981 Fleer Star Stickers series set officially, I got this one back from “The Cobra.” It’s inscribed “78 MVP NL.”

My appreciation for Dave Parker and the set enticed me into what was my first autograph submission through the pay site PastPros.com. Parker is one of the more expensive signers available through the site. Still, the rate for a card was $20, plus $5 for the inscription. They added $3 for “Shipping,” which I don’t understand as you mail the card, the receipt, and a SASE to the subject, but whatever. $28 total.

The experience was good enough where I’ve used it again, notably for J.R. Richard.

As you might have gathered – given that this blog is just a week old and I’ve already pictured this card twice (the other, back in my intro post) – this is a favorite. It’s return encouraged me to see how far I can get with the set.

*** 
1981 Fleer Star Sticker Set Progress: 25 of 125 (20%)
I’ve created the blog’s first page to track my efforts to complete this set. I built it last night; it looks good on my laptop. I noticed today though how terrible it looks on mobile. I will probably rework it.

No comments:

Post a Comment